Sunday 6 February 2011

Belated Happy New Year

I just don't know where the time has gone this year, I seem to have been busy every weekend which is my usual time for blogging. Anyway things I've done with my weekends this year include:
Going to London (a lot) - which is great fun.
Seeing Hamlet at The National Theatre - haven't been to the theatre to see a proper play for ages, so a good cultural start to the year.
Staying overnight in a hotel in Notting Hill - very nice.
Seeing Alex loads and managing to keep up to date with her work which is looking fabulous and brilliant.
Going to The Barbican to see 'The Irrepressibles' and 'Gaby Young and Other Animals' - mmm Irrepressibles weren't as good as at Latitude.
Getting to The Barbican to see Future Beauty, 30 years of Japanese Fashion - I'd intended to see it on 3 other visits to London and been side tracked each time. It was well worth the wait, although Alex finds Japanese design such a challenge as it's the polar opposite to her love of designing to accentuate the female curve.
Ikea - busy as ever, meatballs, no catalogues, buying things you didn't know you wanted, more blue bags because you forgot to take your own to carry away your purchases, 35p ice cream cones! Oh I love it.
Brilliant Biba sale bargains - it's funny how when things are cheap you can still end up spending a lot of money because you buy more of them.
A trip to Basingstoke purely to photograph the Triumph shop for Alex's new project shop report  - hmmm about 6 photos taken and then a lot of shopping!
Afternoon tea at Libertys - why were Alex and I the only people in the restaurant who finished every crumb of food on the cake stand?
But my favourite - The Electric Cinema for 'The Kings Speech'. Is seeing a Colin Firth film there becoming a habit? Last year we saw 'A Single Man'. I loved the film, but  the experience of the Electric Cinema is very special.
Well there won't be any more weekend trips for a while - I was supposed to be saving my money, not doing a very good job so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment