Sunday 11 July 2010

The cats

I've finally got around to booking a holiday for us. As usual I'm not very organised so it's all slightly last minute. We go on Saturday, so then I had the panic of what to do with the cats. We always used to send them on holiday to Jan in Four Marks, but she closed her cattery a while ago and last year we were saved by Alex's friend, the lovely Daisy, coming to feed them every morning and evening. Unfortunately Daisy is a very busy young lady and I didn't feel I could ask her this time.

So the hunt began for a new cattery.

Of course lots are booked up, but I did go to have a look at one which is quite close to us. Oh my goodness, what a depressing place it was, I felt so guilty at the thought that I may have to leave them in such a place. But there was another cattery to visit, the bad thing about this one is that it's about 20 minutes away which would make for a very unpleasant journey with 3 howling cats in the back of the car. But I was so relieved when I saw the place, it's just fabulous, I want to go to stay there myself. I suppose it's the equivalent of a 5* boutique hotel, with gourmet menu, extremely friendly owners, gorgeous views and I can even check the cats on web cam.
So now I can go on holiday without worrying about my lovely cats.

http://www.mews-cattery.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment