Sunday 29 April 2012

Clothkits and Liberty fabrics

Work is extremely hectic at the moment what with looking after the As and A2 Textiles exams, trying to ensure all of the students are fully prepared and calming down meltdowns as and when they happen. Plus IVing the Personal Progress course and 2 more courses to finalise the paperwork for and that's before we've even started to mark the Textile exams and coursework for the year. Is this why I became a teacher? Well lets just say it's not my favourite part of the job.
But it does mean I genuinely have a reason to develop new projects, hunt out lovely fabrics and places to buy them. When I was last in London I went to Liberty to buy some of their printed tana lawn but became totally befuddled and just gave up. However while checking my emails on Friday I found an offer from Clothkits, who have opened a shop in Chichester, which gave me 20% off all their fabrics. So my very kind husband braved the torrential rain, took me down to Chichester and sat in the fabric shop, filled with ladies on a sewing course and customers choosing fabrics while I spent ages hunting for my fabrics. He even joined in with helping me find exactly the right things and encouraging me to try on clothes!

 My fabrics

I will definitely be visiting Clothkits again. I've long been a fan of their products but it's always lovely to see the products for real and the assistants were so friendly and helpful. The only problem with the place is how to leave without spending lots of money. As well as all the Liberty fabrics they have there were Marimekko prints, Amy Butler fabrics, MiniModerns, Kokka Echino, Michael Miller and Jane Foster, etc.
Marimekko Pieni Unikko II Cotton Fabric in Red (MEDIUM)Amy Butler Trumpet Flower Fabric in Emerald Nana Jigsaw Print Cotton by MiniModerns (per metre)Camera design Kokka Echino Fabric (turquoise)Echino Birds and Flowers Linen Cotton (Brown)Birdcage Printed CottonMelody Miller Geo Circles Cotton Linen BlendCitrus Bright Cotton PrintsEiffel Tower Print by Michael MillerClothkits Print Fabric - Birds and Apples
But its not only the fabrics, the trims and kits are lovely too. I may have to invest in both their bustle skirt and 50s dress along with some diddy pom poms and sherbet pips pom poms oh and perhaps some Liberty print bias binding.
Sherbert Pips Cotton Pom Pom Trim LargeLiberty Print Bias Binding, 3m small wooden bobbin

No comments:

Post a Comment