Saturday 26 June 2010

Why does so much happen in the first weekend in July?

Decisions, decisions.

My life is like a bus - nothing for ages, then lots come along all at once.

I've had some chilled weekends for a while and now next weekend there's loads to fit in.

1) I absolutely have to go to New Designers this year as it's a great chance to be inspired by all the lovely work fashion and textiles graduates around the country are producing. Having been to Winchester last weekend to see their show and meet a couple of students who will be there I know the work is going to be so gorgeous. Hopefully Alex will come too as she didn't make it to the Winchester show.
2) I also absolutely have to go to Hackney to help move all of Alex's possessions (well I say all, but it doesn't include everything filling her own bedroom at home and the spare bedroom) but all of the clothes, work, kitchen equipment, pretty bits and bobs, etc that she has crammed into her tiny room in halls into her new flat in Brixton. Let's hope it's a happier year, living wise. Alex will definately be there.
I haven't seen the new flat yet, or met the flatmates, but am really looking forward to it. It's got to be so much better than the awful first flat I shared with my wonderful friend Eilis in 2nd year at Leicester Poly.
3) I also absolutely have to go to the hat fair at Winchester. Again something I missed last year. If you haven't been you should get together with a friend and give it a go, although I shouldn't be encouraging more people to visit, it can be a bit of a squash! Alex and I want to be able to find a little corner of grass to chill on.
Why is the weekend so short?

No comments:

Post a Comment